Testing unfold in 3D
Command - Prb_Unfold
This command allows you to unfold a 3D part directly in the 3D model.
It will draw the unfolded plate if you select a starting face on which the unfold should be initiated.
Also the bend lines will be drawn on top of the unfolded plate.
Selecting the starting surface
The resulting plate drawn on top of the starting surface
This command will work on Parabuild profiles as well as generic 3D Solids.
This is a detailed explanation of each option in the dialog box :
Which type of objects should be unfolded :
Parabuild profiles - Enable this if you want to unfold Parabuild profiles
3D Solids - Enable this if you want to unfold generic AutoCAD/BricsCAD 3D solids. The selection method differs a bit from Parabuild profiles.
Unfold settings :
Settings to use for unfolding :
- Use the unfold settings below - When a Parabuild profile is unfolded, the profile's own settings will be ignored and the settings in this dialog box will be used
- Use the part's unfold settings - When a Parabuild profile is unfolded, the profile's own settings will be used if they are set. Otherwise, the settings in this dialog box will be used.
When a solid is selected, the settings in this dialog box will be used in either case.
Enable K-Factor override - Enter a value here if you want to specify a specific K-Factor for this part
Enable bend radius override - Enter a value here if you want to specify a specific bend radius for this part. This bend radius will only be used on sharp edges (not yet implemented).
Curve choice override - When unfolding, the bends are not only neutralized from the part, but also the part is flattened to a 2D plate. As a consequence, there are multiple ways in which the flattening can be done. These are the available options for the flattening :
- Minimum material - Always assume the minimum amount of material
- Maximum material - Always assume the maximum amount of material
The difference between minimum and maximum material is most easily explained with an example :
A. is the part being flattened to 2D
B. is the resulting plate after choosing the minimum material option.
C. is the resulting plate after choosing the maximum material option.
- Top surface of the unfolded part - Always assume the top surface of the part
- Bottom surface of the unfolded part - Always assume the bottom surface of the part
Unfold results :
Draw plate - When this is enabled, the unfold result will be drawn as a Parabuild plate
Draw strip - When this is enabled, the unfold result will be drawn as a Parabuild strip (plate shaped member / profile)